Embraer has forecast demand for 10,550 new aircraft with up to 150 seats worldwide, worth US$600 billion, over the next 20 years.
Releasing its findings at the Farnborough International Airshow gets underway in the UK, the manufacturer said demand would see the in-service fleet increase to 16,000 aircraft, up from the 9,000 aircraft currently in operation.
Market growth will drive 65 per cent of this demand, while the remaining 35 per cent will replace ageing aircraft.
While region-specific outlooks vary considerably, efficiency and sustainability remain the underlying drivers of the projected market demand.
The up to 150-seat segment will form an ever more integral part of the global air transport eco system.